Butternut Squash Recipe #1: Weight Loss Squash Juice Cleanse
This quencher quashes summer sizzle. Squash hydrates while it regulates blood sugar, apple and lemon cleanse the colon and aid digestion, and spinach oxygenates and builds up the blood with iron and other alkalizing minerals.
Parsley helps to flush out heavy metals, and the ginger and turmeric boosters create an anti-inflammatory inferno.
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 yellow straight-neck summer Squash or zucchini
- 1 green apple, cored
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup filtered water
- 3 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia, plus more to taste
- 1 small handful flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2-inch piece ginger, plus more to taste
- 1⁄2-inch piece turmeric
Push the spinach, squash, apple, lemon, and water through your juicer with the parsley, ginger, and turmeric boosters, if using. Strain any pulp, and add stevia to taste.
Butternut Squash Recipe #2: Stuffed Butternut Squash
When you’re cleansing during the holiday season you deserve some festive food. This stuffed squash is spesh, with a vegetable filling that makes it fall-fave fare, but skips the bready texture of conventional stuffing.
- 1 small butternut squash, halved, and seeds scooped out
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 2 cups finely diced mushrooms
- 1 cup finely diced zucchini 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 11⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 11⁄2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 cup roughly chopped raw walnuts
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
Brush 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and sprinkle a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper onto each squash.
Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick silicone sheet, and bake the squash in the oven for 40 to 60 minutes until cooked through.
To make the stuffing, sauté 1 teaspoon of the olive oil
with the onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary,and1⁄4 teaspoon
of salt in a skillet for about 5 minutes until the onions are
soft and translucent. Add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil with the mushrooms, zucchini, and the remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon of salt. Sauté for a further 5 to 7 minutes until the mushrooms have reduced and the liquid has been absorbed.
In a small bowl, mix the tahini, miso paste, balsamic vinegar, tomato paste, red pepper flakes, and lemon juice with a spoon until well combined into a paste. Stir in the walnuts. Then, stir this walnut paste into the sautéed vegetables until well combined. Stir in 2 tablespoons of the parsley.
Transfer this mixture to the oven while the squash is cooking for about 10 minutes until warmed through.
Stuff the open cavity of each squash with a generous mound of stuffing, and garnish each squash with the remaining tablespoon of parsley.
Serve one stuffed squash with stuffing,andplaceremaining squash and stuffing into a container in the fridge.
Quick Butternut Squash Detox Soup Recipe
The fastest (but still delicious!) Butternut Squash Soup Ever!
- 1 medium Butternut Squash, organic preferred
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1/4 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
- 1 cup almond milk, freshly made preferred but not necessary!
- Peel, chop, remove seeds from squash.
- Place pieces in your Vitamix or High Speed blender.
- Add other ingredients.
- Blend for 1minute (raw version) or until you see steam coming out of the top!
- It’s so simple!