Are you having a cooked food hangover?
Even if you are a longtime raw foodist, you probably find yourself occasionally fed up with eating only raw foods. Sometimes we may look at our cooked food friends and family and long for those times or even certain favorite foods of our past.
“Is it really all that bad to eat Christmas dinner this year?” you may ask, longingly.
Well, maybe it is, maybe it isn’t. Depends on you. But it sounds like you need to…
Fall in love with Raw Food all over again!
I’ve been reading some posts on other raw food blogs about our fellow raw food friends having a difficult time staying raw.
Go give them your support:
- Sam from No Pre-Boxed Poison says “I’ve betrayed myself”.
- Another raw food friend from Inspired Raw says “It gets harder every time”.
- Juicy over at Raw Jewcy says “Oh boy, I really fell off the wagon”
Personally, I’ve still been giving into coffee occasionally and even some cooked foods that I’m not too proud of!
Was I stressed? Did I just give in to cravings? Did I stop caring?
Who knows? And I believe it certainly doesn’t matter. All you need to be a raw foodist is a desire to do so.
So, today I am going to help you ramp up your desire. Let’s get back to why we got into raw food in the first place, then maybe together we can create some positive momentum going. Even if you are still eating all or mostly raw, I bet you could use some extra inspiration to achieve your next health goal.
Let’s get to it.
Justin’s Crazy, Super-Mega, Inspired List of Why Raw Food is Amazing, Incredible, Super Greatest List that Ever Was:
The Fun and Easy Ideas:
- Reconnect with why you went raw in the first place. Remember the first time you heard about raw food and all the amazing benefits? What was it? Clear skin, weight loss, superior health…there are a million of them. Write down your list now
- Need help? For a great list of reasons to go raw, check out our posts on going raw.
- Realize you can save money going raw vegan.
- Get pumped up with some incredible raw food before and after pictures.
- Watch Markus Rothkranz’s raw videos…again and again and again!
- You can also see other inspiring raw food videos.
- Make your favorite raw dish…eat it until you are sick of it!
- I’ve always loved this quote from raw food hero David Wolfe: Take massive raw-foods action. Start consistently putting significant amounts of high-quality. raw plant foods into your body instead of cooked food.
- Try something completely new. A new raw food, a new recipe. Variety can be one of the keys to a successful diet
- Appreciate how far you’ve come. I don’t care if the only raw food you’ve ever eaten is three grapes…you’ve got something positive that happened to you from eating more raw foods…what is it? Love it with all your heart!
- Reading raw food blogs.
- Better yet…start your own raw food blog. Tell the world about your journey! If you start one, make sure to tell us.
- Read your favorite raw food books…over and over and over! Read one page a day, one chapter a day…hell one book a day!
- Call, chat, email, or have a party with your best raw food friends. Make it so fun, that you don’t want to be anywhere else in the world
Raw is Not For Everyone:
- Read Nature’s First Law. Now, most of us don’t believe that cooked food is “poison”, but damn, this book can hit you in the stomach when you read it!
- Eat your favorite cooked food one day, and your favorite raw the next. Feel the difference.
- Tell all of your family you are raw…even if you’ve been hiding it for years! Get on the phone and call your Grandma now! (Make sure to tell her how much you love her first!)
- Tell everyone you work with you are raw if you haven’t already. Get it over with! Better yet, send them to our blog! Show them that there are other “crazy” people out there too.
Raw For the Brave:
- Eat a bunch of cooked food and feel how terrible it feels as compared to being raw. Be careful with this one…I warned you!
- Spend time with unhealthy people that disgust you!
- Go to a cooked food restaurant you hate and smell the terrible smells. (Chinese buffets are the best for this…or seafood markets.)
- Go raw and never go back! Never ever ever ever eat cooked food again!
Alright, I’ve inspired you, now it’s your turn. Inspire me! Inspire our readers!
Leave your ideas in the comments!
– Justin S.