Fennel Recipe #1: Grapefruit, Orange Cleanse
This exquisite combo is a deluxe detox in a glass. Rich in vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants, citrus and fennel boost immunity, aid digestion, cleanse the colon, encourage detoxification, and regulate blood pressure and cholesterol.
This blend is also an anti-inflammatory avenger.
If you’re taking medication that interacts with grapefruit, substitute the grapefruit with two more oranges.
- 1⁄2 cup filtered water
- 1 medium red grapefruit, peeled, pith removed, and seeded
- 1 medium orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 small lemon, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1⁄2 small bulb fennel, cored, trimmed of stalks, and chopped
- 1⁄4 small avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon probiotic powder (optional)
- 10 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia, plus more to taste
- 1 cup ice, plus more to taste
Throw all of the ingredients into the blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth. Tweak stevia and ice to taste.