Uurgr belly fat. When did this happen?
In today’s modern (and oh so hectic) lifestyle, fat on the belly can mount up… almost unnoticed. Then one day you’re looking at yourself in the mirror and BAM you notice it, your belly is beginning to hang down!
The Belly Fat Dilemma
Does your belly size give you stress because it prevents you from wearing your summer outfit? Most women have this problem when they have excess belly fat. Having belly fat can make you look out of proportion, which is not a “popular” look nowadays.
If you do find you’ve put on a few pounds around your mid-section, here are three things to look at first.
It all starts with an unhealthy lifestyle that includes too much eating, insufficient exercise and other unhealthy activities can result in fat accumulating around the waist and stomach. Here are some of the main factors:
1. Unhealthy lifestyle:
- Having an unhealthy lifestyle can make a person fat. It can also lead you to have many serious health conditions, increasing the chances that you can die young because you are prone to some diseases. Diseases which, to an extent, are preventable. To avoid having belly fat you must go outside the house and try to exercise. You can also try some fun activities like jogging, dancing, running and joining many weight loss activities. Doing such activities you can lose weight and reduce the size of your waist. Keep moving and exercise to avoid having a big belly.
2. Too much Eating:
- Another cause that can make your stomach fat is overeating. You must remember that you should eat to provide enough nutrients and vitamins to your body but if you are eating too much then it can surely make your waist increase its size. It is one of the main reasons of developing this fat. Aside from the increase of your waistline size too much eating can also cause you to gain weight and look fat. Eating foods with too much calorie counts can make you gain weight and increase your body size. You must have a proper amount of food intake and get some physical activities so that you can prevent the development of your fat. Watch your food intake so that you can control the calorie count of your foods. You must also avoid eating too much because it can lead you to food addiction.
- Genetics can also cause a person to have belly fat. Sometimes, if the cause of the development of this fat is because of hereditary it can be hard to avoid having it. Hereditary plays a role in the distribution of the fats in the body. If you have a apple-shaped body type then there is a tendency that the fats will store in your midsection which lead to belly fat. If you have pear-shaped body type then tendency that fat will generally build up in you lowers body parts.
If you want to have a small waistline then you must exercise and eat enough healthy foods. If you have belly fat then the very first thing you should do, is start eating a healthier diet. Cut out all the processed foods and make an effort to eat 5 pieces of fruit everyday and a salad at lunch. You should then start an exercise program, you can find many good ones online, or, better yet, hire a personal trainer.
Which Exercises Burn The Most Belly Fat?
Well, for many of us, depending on where we live of course, the cold winds, the rain, the snow, and the ice will soon all be things of the past, (for another seven months or so anyways), and they’ll instead be replaced by warmer weather, longer days, and shorter nights.
Yes, that can only mean one thing, and that is that summer is fast approaching.
Now, in theory that’s great, as everybody loves a bit of warm weather and hot sunshine, plus the added vitamin D from the sun himself won’t do you any harm. However, with summer comes bathing suit, and beach weather, and for many of us, that can be a daunting prospect indeed.
In reality, after overindulging over the festive season and the long winter, it’s safe to say we’re not in the best of shape, which is where these exercises come into play.
These exercises are designed to burn fat, specifically stubborn belly fat around the midsection. Here are just three to get you started, so that when it comes times to strut your stuff on the beach, you can do so with pride, rather than hiding yourself away.
Vertical leg crunches:
To help tone those abdominal muscles, and quickly get the fat melting away from your midsection, these exercises are absolutely ideal. Here’s what to do:
- Begin by laying flat on your back on the ground, with your legs straight up vertically in the air, and your knees crossed over one another.
- Next, place your hands directly behind your head for support, and focus on tensing and contracting your abs, by slowly lifting your shoulders up off the floor.
- Make sure you keep your head up straight, and ensure your legs remain crossed over one another in the air.
- Aim for around 3 sets of 15 – 20 reps, although if that feels too easy, aim for 20 – 30 reps instead.
As far as where we store body fat, the belly is generally regarded as the most common location, which is why any form of fat burning exercise is ideal for burning it away quickly and effectively. Cardiovascular exercise is the most beneficial form of fat burning exercise you could wish for. As far as which forms of cardio you perform are concerned, you could:
- Go walking around the neighborhood or outdoors.
- Go for a jog outdoors
- Go swimming
- Play some sports
- Exercise on a treadmill or other cardio machines
- Engage in some sort of martial arts training
Any exercise which gets your heart rate up is a great form of cardio, so do what suits you best. Here’s a good video to get you started:
For really targeting the abs and the obliques, bicycle crunches are ideal as they also help work on your coordination. Here’s what to do:
- Begin by laying on the ground on your back, with your hands tucked behind your head for support, ensuring your elbows are pointing in front of you.
- Next, slowly lift your shoulders off the floor whilst bringing your knees up towards your chest, and try to touch the opposite elbow of the leg you’re raising, so left knee to right elbow, and right knee to left knee, alternating between one another.
- he idea is to perform this action relatively quickly, mimicking a pedaling motion.
- Aim for 3 – 4 sets of 15 – 20 reps.
Can Jogging Burn Belly Fat?
Belly fat can be burned with many different methods. Like simple changing your eating and increasing your level of activity. Jogging is quite popular because it requires little or no extra equipment and you can do it almost anywhere without requiring a trainer or professional.
Jogging is a great cardiovascular exercise. It increases the rate at which the heart and lungs work, thus benefiting your general health. There is no magic exercise that will target and lose fat from any one part of your body but jogging is a great way to lose weight from all over your body. It also helps to strengthen and tone up your legs, and provides healthy benefits for your heart, lungs and upper body too.
A short but intense 20 minute jog can really be beneficial when included in a regular workout schedule. But can jogging, on it’s own, help you burn off all those extra pounds in your mid-section?
The answer to that is very ambiguous. For one thing, jogging (and all other cardio exercises) does not target any specific part of the body for weight loss. Rather, it induces full body weight loss, health, and fitness.
Another thing to consider is the fact that aerobic exercises and cardio is better than resistance training when it comes to losing weight, especially belly fat. This means that if you want to lose your belly fat, jogging is a far better option than weight lifting and muscle training.
A study undertaken by Duke University studied 196 overweight participants over a period of eight months. The study looked at the efficiency of aerobic (cardio) exercises and resistance training when it comes to burning the fat that is stored in the mid-section. The study found that while resistance training is great for increasing overall body strength and booting lean body mass, aerobic exercises and cardio is a better bet for losing belly fat because the latter burns far more calories than the former.
The study also showed that cardio activities (such as jogging) reduced significantly the amount of visceral fat and liver fat found in the body, reducing your chances of getting heart diseases and diabetes. Resistance training did not offer the same advantage. It concludes that cardio activities burn 67% more calories than resistance training can.
The conclusion seems an obvious one. Jogging is a great and simple but extremely powerful exercise. The direct result of your jogging activities is determined by how much you put into it. If you are jogging to lose belly fat, target the time and it will actually work for you but if you’re just jogging to keep in shape than that will work for you too. It is important that you determine what you will gain from the exercise before getting into it, this will help motivate you and keep you jogging as you lose that belly fat.
4 Surefire Tips To Lose Fat Around Your Waist
You won’t need us to describe to you just how disappointing it is, to pick yourself a nice new outfit from the shops, try it on, and find it hugging and clinging to your body, emphasizing every single curve and contour of your body, making it look as if you’ve swallowed a small tire. Not only will you have wasted money, but you’ll also now have made yourself feel lousy, and if you’re anything like us, you may even find yourself reaching for the very things that caused your problems in the first place, namely, the wine and some chocolates.
Yes, having large reserves of body fat around the waist is certainly not very nice, yet with a little help and know-how, you can banish that blubber from your stomachs for good. Here are just 4 simple tips to help get you started.
- Work your cores more – If you find yourselves exercising but not seeing the results you were hoping for, then don’t give up, but rather switch things up a little. Many women tend to focus more on cardio than they do on working their cores in the first place. your core is your midsection including your abdominal muscles, and if you want to target fat-loss specifically from these areas, you’re going to have to actually work these areas. Simple exercises such as crunches, the plank, and leg raises are all great examples of exercises that help to tone your stomach muscles and burn away the fat covering them in the first place.
- Cut out the junk (including the wine and chocolate) – If you’re serious about losing fat from your waists, or anywhere for that matter, then you’re going to have to make some changes to your diet. Whereas before you may have eaten frozen processed ready meals, followed by some biscuits and a glass or two of wine, you’ll now have to opt for fresh, natural, low-fat foods including plenty of fruit and veg. Instead of the wine, you should aim at drinking mineral or filtered water instead. Wine, or any alcoholic beverage for that matter, is nothing but empty calories, but not only that, but it can also actually slow down the metabolism, making it harder to actually lose weight.
- Get more exercise – Again, it may sound like a no-brainer, but it has to be said that in order to lose fat from anywhere and everywhere on your body, you will need to exercise in order to burn off those calories. How you exercise is entirely up to you. You could go walking, swimming, jogging, to the gym, to the leisure center, do more house work, or even get a little more exercise in the bedroom *wink wink. Anything that gets your heart rate up is burning calories, so find something you enjoy and stick with it, even if it’s simply 1 or 2 nights a week, it’s still more than you were doing previously.
- Get enough sleep – The metabolism is just like the human body, it needs to be well rested in order to perform and function at its best. For that reason, getting enough sleep can be hugely beneficial for anybody looking to get in shape and lose weight, as the more efficient the metabolism, the more calories will be burnt, and the more fat you’ll lose, and as your waist is generally where the body stores the most fat, this will be where it taps into first in order to provide itself with the energy needed to get through the day.