For many of us, the colder winter months will soon be nothing more than a thing of the past (for six months or so anyways), and warmer, brighter weather will instead be taking its place. Yes, spring and summer are fast approaching, which means that the amount of clothing we can get away with wearing will be less and less.
Now, in theory that’s a good thing, but if you’re like most women, then seemingly no matter how hard you work in the gym, and no matter how healthily you seem to eat, there’s always those stubborn areas of body fat on your body, that just don’t seem to want to go.
Take the inner thighs for instance. Women often store fat here, which can result in the decidedly unpleasant condition known as ‘cellulite’, which makes a great deal of us very uncomfortable and self conscious about our legs indeed, meaning that the last thing we want is to be displaying our legs in the warm sunshine.
If this applies to you, then fear not, because there are several exercises you can perform, designed to melt away that stubborn inner thigh fat for good. Here are just three of the most effective.
- Bodyweight squats are ideal for targeting the thighs, and best of all, they can be performed quickly and easily, almost anywhere. Here’s what to do:
- Begin by standing up straight, with your feet around 2 inches wider than shoulder width apart.
- Next, cross your arms over one another, so that your left hand touches your right shoulder, and your right hand touches your left shoulder.
- You’ll next need to lean forward ever so slightly, before squatting down as low as you possibly can, ensuring you keep your head up straight, looking dead ahead at all times.
- Squat as low as you possibly can, and imagine you’re trying to touch the heels of your feet with your butt.
- Slowly return to the starting position, and repeat this process for a further 3 sets of 8 – 12 reps.
Exercise ball leg lifts:
- To complete this exercise, you’ll need a large exercise ball, which can easily be purchased at your nearest sporting goods store, or even via the internet, for a very affordable price indeed. Here’s what to do:
- Lay down on your side on the ground, with your arms gently and loosely crossed over your body.
- Take the exercise ball, and carefully grip it between your feet, and focus on lifting the ball into the air using only the power generated from your butt and your hips. Once the ball is raised as high as you can go, return to the starting position, and repeat this for a further 3 sets of 15 – 20 reps.
- These are pretty unique exercises and will require a decent open space and a slick surface such as a vinyl or wooden floor. The only equipment you’ll need however, are two small towels, with kitchen tea towels being absolutely ideal. Here’s what to do.
- Start by taking two of your small towels, and folding them into square shapes, before placing them onto the ground of a slick surface, and then standing on them with the balls of your feet.
- Next, you’ll need to lean forward and place both of your hands flat on the ground in front of you, before driving your left leg backwards. As soon as your left leg is almost fully extended, quickly bring it back so that it’s in front of you, and now drive your right leg behind you in exactly the same fashion as you just did with the left leg.
- Alternate between each leg as quickly as possible, and try to perform 10 reps for each leg.
- Repeat this process for a further 3 sets of 20 reps (10 per leg). Your thighs should be on fire by the time you’ve completed your third set (not literally of course).