Hummus Recipe #1: Raw Hummus with Veggies
You’d never know this high-raw take on hummus doesn’t involve chick peas! Rich, creamy, and satisfying, the dip is loaded with digestive enzymes, alkalizing minerals, antioxidants, and anti-inflammatory agents to loosen toxins in the liver and satiate your soul.
Slather it on any veggies you like. We always include cucumber and celery for their high water content and natural detox-dynamic diuretic power for waste removal.
- 21⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 cup peeled and chopped zucchini (about 1 small)
- 1⁄4 cup raw sesame tahini (not toasted), plus more to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic (1⁄4 clove), plus more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin, plus more to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, plus more to taste (optional)
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, cut into coins
- 1 small carrot, peeled and cut into coins
- 2 ribs celery, cut into sticks
Throw the hummus ingredients into your blender, and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds, until the mix is smooth and creamy. Tweak lemon juice, garlic, and cayenne to taste. Transfer to a sealed container in the fridge for a few hours or overnight to thicken.
Consume with veggie sticks.