Basil and melon, a dynamic duo, not only deliver crazy good flavor, they team up as a digestive and cleansing act, too.
While they’re at it, they help stabilize blood pressure, ease cramps and bloating, and calm the body.
Spinach, lemon, and avocado, all alkaline angels, dial up the detox.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 4 cups honeydew melon (1⁄2 small melon)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1⁄2 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon probiotic powder (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 10 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia, plus more to taste
- 1 cup ice cubes
Throw everything into the blender (except the ice) and blast on high for about 30 seconds until smooth. Add the ice and blast for another 10 seconds until well combined. Tweak stevia to taste.