1. Learn how to make nut milk & yogurt.
How to Make Almond Milk:
- 1 cup raw almonds (soaked overnight in cool water)
- 5 cups filtered water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 whole dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup berries
How to Make Almond (or any Nut) Yogurt:
- Cultured foods are so important on a raw diet OR ANY DIET! First, here is the HOW to make nut yogurt.
- Blend together in (preferably high speed) blender:
- 1 cup almonds (soak overnight in spring water or filtered water)
- (rinse almonds and discard the water you soaked them in)
- 1 cup spring water or filtered water
- 1/2 tsp. probiotic powder (this is your starter)
- After you make your first batch of yummy yogurt, you can use your almond yogurt as the starter. How cool!
2. Begin to eat one large salad each day.
3. Drink 1 vegetable juice at least one time per week.
A Super-good Super-food smoothie:
- The how and why of my green smoothie. Superfoods don’t always have come in packages…Superfoods can simply just be ………SUPER FOOD! High nutritionally dense food!
- 2-3 Cups of water (add more water if needed)
- One small handful of each: kale (optional- remove stems), spinach, dandelion
- Greens have an abundance of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Blend well in a High Speed Blender If you don’t have a high speed blender leave out the kale
- Add 1/2 Banana Use a whole if you need the sweetness. High in potassium, fiber and B6.
- 1 Mango, chopped. Contains antioxidant and anticancer phenols, iron, Vit A & E and selenium.
- 1/2 Cup Papaya. High in fiber, Vit’s A, C & E and the enzyme papain that’s good for digestion.
- 1-2 Tablespoon Hemp Seeds. Contain amazing Fatty Acids and all the Essential Amino Acids. They help with heart health, arthritis and mood improvement.
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds. High in Omega 3 Fatty Acids, minerals, fiber.
- 1 Tablespoon Sunflower Lecithin (Optional) Helps with cardiovascular health, liver function, gallstones and memory. Also emulsifies the water and oil and makes your smoothie creamy!
- 2 Tsp Coconut oil Good for heart health, boosts thyroid, immune system and metabolism.
- BLEND IT UP — DRINK IT DOWN!
- Optional: Add the whole Banana, leave out the papaya. Add a pinch of sea salt, 1 tsp vanilla, 2 Tablespoons Raw Cacao Powder
4. Choose one recipe from your favorite raw food book each week.
You have to read the recipe first, write down the ingredients and bring the list of ingredients to the store, silly! Pick recipes that are simple and do not require lots of appliances. Check out recipes on YouTube by putting “raw food recipes” or “raw food demos” into the search engine.
5. Get a Spiralizer.
in order to make yummy pasta dishes or salads very easily. Here is a link to get the Joyce Chen Soladacco Spiralizer: https://www.amazon.com/Spiralizer-Vegetable-Strongest-Heaviest-Gluten-Free/dp/B00GRIR87M
6. Make a raw soup one time per week.
Raw soups are easy to make in the blender or in your VitamiX! Here is a delicious and EASY soup recipe:
- Red Hot Tomato Soup
- 3 large organic heirloom tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (soaked) – chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 tsp. cold pressed organic olive oil
- 1 tsp. grated ginger root
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- dash of cinnanmon
- 1/2 cup water (to your desired consistency)
Add all ingredients except water to your food processor or blender. If using a blender, go slowly as you don’t want to over-mix. Add water as the last ingredient to bring the soup to your taste in terms of consistency.
7. Take this list of “Wish List” appliances and begin planning to have them in your kitchen.
- Vitamix or BlendTec Blender
- Food Processor
These are the very basics and definitely enough to get you started!
8. Make a smoothie for breakfast each morning.
Here is an easy base for your smoothies and you can vary them from here:
- 1 banana
- 1 cup blueberries
- 5-7 almonds (soaked the night before)
- 1 tsp. spirulina OR chlorella OR blue-green algae
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 ice cubes
- OPTIONAL: Raw vegan rice protein powder (SunWarrior preferred)
- ALSO OPTIONAL: Stevia, cinnanmon, cardamom, vanilla powder, other types of fruit, ground flax seed.
This smoothie will decrease your appetite and will help to decrease your cravings!
9. Get familiar with sea vegetables. Learn how to make a nori wrap of vegetables!
This is a very good demonstration of how to make a vegan nori wrap. I also take a nori sheet, a romaine lettuce leaf, slices of avocado, sometimes slices of mango (num nums!) and a bunch of veggies on all of that. When I am done, I just roll it all up and enjoy a quick lunch!
10. Continue to drink enough water (not with your meals!).
When you go raw – MAKE SURE YOU STILL DRINK WATER! Begin with a large glass in the morning; this is very powerful! Spring water is the best!
Continue to learn about raw plant-based eating and how to stick to the diet.
- Alive in Five – Angela Elliot
- Rawsome Recipes – Robyn Boyd
- 12 Steps to Raw Food – Victoria Boutenko
- Live Food Factor – Susan Schenck
- Raw Food Made Easy – For 1 or 2 people – Jennifer Cornbleet
- Ani Phyo’s Raw Food Essentials – Any Phyo
Have fun! Raw Food Makes You Happy!