Nutrient dense strawberries are fiber rich and great tasting!
Their usefulness and flexibility add flavor and color to lots of delicious recipes.
They’re excellent fresh, dried, or frozen and you can snack on them by themself or add them into yogurt, salads or cereals.
You can purchase them anytime throughout the year which makes it easy for you to add good nutrition and taste to your diet every day.
My favorite thing is to go to the strawberry fields and pick them fresh!
- – These berries are low in calories.
- – High in Vitamin C.
- – High in Iron.
- – Excellent source of folic acid, riboflavin, Vitamin B5 and B6.
- – Excellent source of Copper, Magnesium, Potassium and Omega-3 Fatty acids.
- – High in Fiber.
- – High in cancer fighting antioxidants.
Clear Up Blemishes
This berry is high in Vitamin C, and this nutrient dissolves oil that clogs your pores. The fruits rich antioxidant stores stop free radicals (by-products of sun exposure) from damaging the skin cells.
Cleansing Facial Mask
Ingredients and Instructions:
- In a bowl, mash 8 strawberries with a fork.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply the mixture to your face.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with tepid water.
You can refrigerate this mixture for a week.
Boost Your Mind
Scientist believe the high antioxidant content in this berry helps fight the brain cell damaging free radicals that impair the cognitive function. This boosts your learning ability and motor skills.
Sorbet For Your Mind
Puree 2 pints of strawberries, 1/2 cup cranberry juice, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice until blended smooth.
Freeze it for four hours, then puree again until the mixture has a smooth consistency.
Fragrance that Speeds Weight Loss
Research shows this fruits fragrance assists the release of endorphins, neurotransmitters that enhance your mood and muscle performance. This cause you to walk at a brisker pace without even trying.
Fragrant Shampoo Recipe
Mix 1/2 cup unscented shampoo, 1/4 cup of water, and 15 drops of strawberry extract.
The sweet smell of this scented shampoo will stay with you all the time.
This berry cleansing elixir will kick off your fast with a zing and a zang! Strawberries and raspberries are packed with vitamin C, antioxidants, and carotenes to break down toxins and neutralize oxidation.
Jerusalem artichoke supports blood sugar regulation, aids digestion and amps up the electrolytes.
Mineral-rich cucumber alkalizes the blood and tissues and hydrates the cells, and apple cleanses the colon and aids digestion. Add stevia to taste.
Boost the cleansing potential with probiotic powder, rev up your metabolism with a bit of prebiotic cayenne pepper, and add a splash of balsamic vinegar for flavor fever.
- 1⁄2 cup strawberries, hulled
- 1⁄2 English cucumber
- 1 green apple, cored
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup filtered water
- 1 square-inch piece Jerusalem artichoke (optional)
- 3 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia, plus more to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon probiotic powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper Splash of balsamic vinegar
Push the apple, Jerusalem artichoke, cucumber, strawberries, raspberries, and water through your juicer. Strain any pulp.
Stir in the probiotic powder, cayenne, and balsamic boosters, if using, and add stevia to taste.
Berry Basil Break-Fast
Loaded with antioxidant vitamins A and C, from both the berries and the basil, this delicious salad is great for scavenging free radicals and fighting infection.
The lupeol and fisetin in strawberries neutralizes abnormal cells in the digestive tract, and blueberries become gelatinous in the colon, helping to expel toxins and lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
Berries and basil also protect the brain from oxidative stress. The manganese, iron, and magnesium in this fruit salad help build healthy blood and regulate blood pressure.
Don’t miss the lime juice, as it elevates the flavors of the berries, and alkalizes and detoxifies the body.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, plus more to taste
In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients, and tweak basil and lime juice to taste.
Strawberry Minty Melonaide
Fabulous and fun, this luscious lemonade is one you’ll be blending up long after your cleanse is finished.
A high-water and high-fiber dynamo, this an anti-inflammatory avenger that is super-hydrating.
The lycopenes in watermelon and the phenolic compounds in strawberries combat oxygen damage to cells and promote heart health, and mint helps cleanse the blood and bowels.
To brighten and alkalize the blend, add lemon zest and juice to taste.
- 3 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus more to taste
- 1 small lemon, peeled and seeded
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon probiotic powder (optional)
- 5 drops alcohol-free liquid stevia, plus more to taste
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
Throw everything into the blender except the frozen strawberries and blast on high for about 10 seconds until liquefied. Add the frozen strawberries, and blast again on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and well combined. Tweak stevia to taste.