Taco Recipe #1: Raw Tacos
This combination of nuts and spices is so easy to throw together, and brilliantly mimics the meaty Mexican classic.
As chock full of nutrients as they are with satisfaction, these lettuce cups may fool you into thinking you’re enjoying something cooked during a high-raw cleanse.
- 1⁄4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 small carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 green onion finely chopped (white and green parts)
- 1⁄4 cup raw walnuts or raw almonds
- 1 teaspoon Bragg liquid aminos or filtered water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion (white and green part)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeños
To make the filling, throw the nuts into a food processor fitted with the S blade and pulse a few times until coarsely chopped. Throw the remaining filling ingredients in and pulse until the mixture is well combined and resembles the texture of taco meat. Tweak salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
Divide the filling and toppings between the four lettuce cups, and enjoy immediately.