Tomato Recipe #1: Spinach, Cucumber, Lime Cleanse
This spicy sensation may help you to be open to savory, vegetable-based smoothies. This is basically a delicious gazpacho in a glass. Bursting with cleansing power, the mineral-rich combination of lime, tomato, avocado, garlic, and cilantro is also incredibly alkalizing. Furthermore, blending avocado and tomato heightens the bio- availability of their nutrients. Bottoms up!
- 2 cups chopped tomato (about 2 to 3 tomatoes)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, peeled and halved
- 1 cup firmly packed cilan- tro leaves (1 bunch)
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and pitted
- 11⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped red onion, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (1 clove), plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped serrano chile, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon probiotic powder (optional)
- 2 cups ice cubes
Throw all of the ingredients into the blender and blast on high for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth and creamy. Tweak onion, garlic, chile, and salt to taste.