Watermelon Juice for Weight Loss
This juice sips like a fancy cocktail to kickstart the fast with some fun. To capitalize on watermelon’s hydrating and skin-healing properties we juice it rind and all.
Strawberries add antioxidant vitamin C, basil cleansesthe blood, and salt mineralizes the blend and elevates the flavor of the fruit.
Boost with chile to stimulate the lymph, and add the apple cider vinegar and probiotic powder to balance the sugar in the fruit and aid digestion.
- 2 cups cubed watermelon (rind on)
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled
- 1 small handful basil leaves, plus more to taste
- 1⁄2 cup filtered water Pinch of Celtic sea salt (optional boosters)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄8 small green chile, seeded and ribbed, plus more
- 1⁄2 teaspoon probiotic powder
1Push the watermelon, strawberries, basil, optional chile booster, and water through your juicer. Strain any pulp and stir in the salt and additional boosters you’re using.
Watermelon Break-Fast Salad
This sweet and refreshing fruit salad is an ideal fast breaker.
The high water content of the watermelon hydrates the body and helps detox the kidneys, and the electrolytes support the healthy functioning of cells and organs.
Watermelon and mint naturally cool the body, and lime alkalizes and calms inflammation.
- 1⁄4 large watermelon, skin and seeds removed, and cut into cubes
- Juice of 1 lime, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves, plus more to taste
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients, and tweak lime juice and mint to taste.