More and more women have taken to Yoga for the sometimes astounding benefits it bestows on the body. At the head of the list comes flexibility. Yoga is infamous for increasing flexibility throughout the entire body, and especially around the pelvic region.
These poses are some that you can try at home:
- Tadasana or the mountain pose: This is one of the most basic and simplest yoga poses which is capable of producing great results as far as increasing your body’s flexibility is concerned. All you need to do is stand on the ground with your feet closer, probably toes touching each other. Separate your arms from the body and let your body relax. Tadasana works on the muscles of your entire body, thus making a wonderful stretch exercise.
- Uttanasana: This particular asana increases the flexibility of your hamstrings along with hips and entire torso area. It is a standing forward bend pose accompanied by deep breathing exercise. Reach this pose by bending your entire body towards your feet without letting the hips creep far back and knees bent. Keep your hands on the floor and head down while practicing this asana and keep inhaling and exhaling like you do normally.
- Balasana: Or, child pose is a wonderful yoga asana that increase the flexibility of your abdomen, torso, legs and even shoulders, arms and back, overall a very simple and beneficial asana. Start this pose by sitting on your knees on the floor; get your feet together, rest your belly and the entire abdomen area between the knee area. Make sure that your chest lies between your legs, now slowly place your head on the floor and stretch both your arms straight on the ground, in front of you.
- Parsvottanasana: This yoga asana involves single leg forward bend and does wonders in increasing the flexibility of the legs, thighs and hip area. People and women in particular having a problem of tight hips must perform this yoga asana regularly for increasing flexibility. Begin this yoga asana by making a V from your legs i.e. bring one leg forward and take the other one backward, now bend over your torso in front of your forward leg with your hands touching the ground on the sides. Breathe while standing in this position for about 3-4 times then, repeat the same with the other leg.
- Viparita karani: Popularly addressed as the wall pose, this yoga asana works as a perfect stretch exercise after a hectic day of work. All you need to do is lie on the ground with your back on the floor and walk your legs on a flat wall. Make sure that your legs on the wall are straight and in perfect symmetry and let your back touch the wall. Lie in this position for 5-10 minutes and then relax before repeating it again.